Friday, June 3, 2011

Desdemona's Diary VII by Lenisha


I told Emilia and Iago that my husband called me a whore. This upset Iago. I was deeply hurt by Othello’s words. I left and betrayed my own father and country just to be with him. And this is the thanks I get? Being called a whore and accused of sleeping with Cassio? This is truly unfair of that damn man! Now he won’t even dare to look at me without that look of pure hatred and disgust. I don’t know what to do anymore! I fear that my Lord will do something he will deeply regret: murder me. I know it’s very crazy but the look in his eyes, like some strange version of a warning or bad omen. Iago said that he’d tried to talk to Othello. I pray to the heavens that he would get through to poor Othello or may the heavens have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment