Friday, June 3, 2011

Desdemona's Diary II by Lenisha


I told my father and the Duke of Venice about my marriage to Othello the Moor. And might I add, my father wasn’t please at all. Sometimes I couldn’t believe that I am related to him. The way he was acting was like he had gone completely insane. He said that Othello had me under a spell or witchcraft. As much as I wanted to tell my father off for saying such feeble lies, I remained calm about the situation. I spoke in the eyes for the Duke of Venice and told him that Othello didn’t simply have me because of spell or whatever, but because of his wonderful and interesting stories of war. And right then and there, this courageous and adventurous man swept me right off my feet. And I said to my father that my mother had chosen him over her own father. Why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment